Keep yourself medically safe in an emergency with fashion medical alert bracelets. Just because you have to wear a medical alert does not mean that you cannot still be fashionable. Gone are the days of big clunky stainless steel alert bracelets; these days there are literally thousands of different styles. Fashion medical alert bracelets are modern, funky and have far more to offer than the original simple identification bracelets of the past.
Who Should Wear Fashion Medical Alert Bracelets?
If you suffer have any type of hidden medical condition, have an allergy, have had any type of implant have a living will or wish to be an organ donor, are a breast cancer survivor, take regular medication you should be wearing a medical alert bracelet. Fashion medical alert bracelets contain your most vital medical information in case of emergency.
These bracelets contain pertinent medical information which can save your life if you cannot speak for yourself. In an emergency, vital information such as the fact that you have a pacemaker, have allergies, or must not be injected or have blood taken from a particular arm as you are a breast cancer survivor and are susceptible to Lymphedema, is information that the attending EMS needs to know immediately as this could literally mean the difference between life and death for you.
How Do Medical Alert Bracelets Work?
The origin of medical alert jewelery lies with Dr M. Collins and Mrs Chrissie Collins. After their daughter almost died following an allergic reaction to horse serum which was used in a routine tetanus antitoxin test, they founded MedicAlert in 1956. Since then, many other companies who provide a similar service have surfaced.
The idea behind wearing a medical alert bracelet is to get your most important medical information to the medical personnel attending to you in an emergency. They are trained to look for any kind of medical alert before giving a patient who is not lucid any type of treatment or medication.
Many of these fashion medical alert bracelets are linked to an online medical registry which can be contacted for more information. Being connected to an online registry is very important especially if you are abroad or travel frequently as your medical history, current situation, contact details for your physician and many other details can be accessed quickly and easily.
Styles of Fashion Medical Alert Bracelets
Companies that manufacture medical alert bracelets realized that many people who should be wearing them are not because they were rather ugly. They came to the party with some amazingly innovative fashion medical alert bracelets designs, which mean that you can wear vital medical information on your arm in style. Tiffany & Co. for instance has a gold bracelet for $2,250.
Some examples of fashion medical alert bracelets:
- Diamond H-Link Elegant Medical Alert Bracelet – These exquisite H-Link with diamonds medical alert bracelets are perfect for the man with style. They are available in sterling silver or 10K white gold. The red enamel medical alert symbol is prominently displayed above your name and medical information on the front of the bracelet.
- Stainless Steel Expansion Band Medical ID Bracelet – Gold Plated – These are the perfect fashion medical alert bracelets for the fashionable man on the move. They are stainless steel, ion gold plated, hypo-allergenic, and 7 to 9 inches. This is a very practical identification bracelet design with the medical symbol prominently displayed and space to engrave medical information on the back.
- Diamond Heart Medical Alert Bracelet – Diamonds are a girl’s best friend, and these beautiful heart with diamond fashion medical alert bracelets will make any woman proud to flash their emergency info. They are available in sterling silver or 10K white gold. The heart pendant measures approximately one inch by one inch.
- Gold or Silver Medical ID Bracelet with 8 Inch Figaro 4.8mm Chain – These beautiful id bracelets with medical alert symbol consist of an 8 inch concave Figaro chain with the medical alert symbol prominently displayed on a 1 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch plate. They come in 10K, 14K yellow gold or sterling silver.
- Beaded Medical Alert Bracelets – These are very funky fashion medical alert bracelets. They were originally designed for diabetics, but have changed a bit and have become attractive style statements for women, men and even children. They consist of unique combinations of Bali beads, silver beads and crystals, and some of them have some unique features, such as interchangeable beads, and medical tags which can be taken off. There are also the more expensive variants such as those made from high quality materials like sterling silver, natural gems and Swarovski crystals.
- Unisex Sabona Magnetic Medical ID Bracelet – These unisex magnetic medical ID bracelets are perfect for casual wear or to wear with your designer outfit. The polished stainless steel and gold plating are a beautiful combination, and these fashion medical alert bracelets are popular with all. Sabona Medical ID Bracelets contain 1200 gauss Samarium Cobalt magnets which have long term durability and rust resistant qualities.
- Heart Bracelet with Parallel Chain – These Sterling silver or 14K Yellow Gold heart fashion medical alert bracelets with Parallel chain are perfect for the young lady to wear. The chain is available in 6, 7 and 8 inch lengths and may be engraved on the back.
- Allergy AllerMates Wristband – There are no better fashion medical alert bracelets for children with allergies than this cute range of bracelets which each comes with its own story. Each allergy is connected to the allergen, like for instance, an allergy to bee stings, which is depicted by Bizzzy the bee, who is a CEO of a large financial corporation called Stingers Inc. or Eggie who depicts an egg allergy and works at the local diner trying to figure out whether the egg or the yolk is what children are allergic to. These colorful bands are designed to fit most kids from the age of 2 years old and up, and they absolutely love wearing them.
Whatever your style and whoever needs fashion medical alert bracelets, the one thing that you can be sure of is that you will find one in the right style, as the above are only a fraction of what is on offer.